Policy Guide and template for developing a Global Fund Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Plan
The Global Fund has adopted a set of policies and principles on procurement and supply management (PSM) that are explained in the PSM policy guide. This policy guide is to be used, along with the PSM plan template, as a guide to developing a PSM plan, one of the key documents required for grant negotiation and signature.
For more information about grant signature, please view: Instructions for Global Fund Grant Signing.
Once a proposal has been approved, the PR must describe in a PSM Plan how it will adhere to the Global Fund’s procurement and supply management requirements. The Global Fund developed a guide to writing a PSM plan (template).
The PR should obtain a full understanding of the "Guide to the Global Fund’s Policies on Procurement and Supply Management" before preparing the PSM plan.
The PSM plan should:
- Indicate which entity or entities will implement relevant procurement and supply management activities;
- Describe how the PR will ensure adherence to each of the Global Fund’s PSM policies;
- Include a list of key health products with their respective estimated quantities, cost, registration status;
- Include details about technical assistance requested;
Once a PR has completed its PSM plan, the Local Fund Agent (LFA) will conduct a PSM assessment.
For more information please view Global Fund PSM requirements.
- Tool Designer Organization:
- The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM)
- Procurement and Supply Management Guidelines - Global Fund
in English, in French in Spanish, in Russian
A Guide to writing a PSM plan for the Global Fund - Global Fund in English
Revised Quality Assurance Policy for Pharmaceutical Products approved during the 18th Global Fund Board Meeting in November 2008in English
Annex 1-full text of the revised QA Policy - Effective Date July 1, 2009 in English, in French in Spanish, in Russian
Procurement and Supply Management Template – Global Fund in English, in French in Spanish, in Russian
- Philippe Verstraete (RBM Secretariat)
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
Summary of main features
- The purpose of this tool (guide and template) is to explain the PSM policies for the benefit of Global Fund recipients, and support the development of PSM plans.
- Scope of interventions
- All malaria control interventions (vector control, prevention, diagnosis, treatment).
- This guide is specific to the Global Fund.
- Global Fund PSM plan.
- Time frame
- Once a proposal has been approved
- Potential users
- In country Global Fund structures (CCMs, PRs, SRs) and NMCPs.
- Skills required
- Programmatic and PSM skills. Spreadsheet formulas skills would be helpful.
- Type of software
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- User manual available?
- Type and length of training required
- Available languages
- English, French, Spanish and Russian
- Country applications
- All countries that have successfully submitted a GF application. A list of successful country applications per disease can be obtained at The Global Fund web site.
- Last update and version
- November 2006